Michael Bongar grabbed a packed house of planners and vendors for his lecture, 10 Cost-Saving Ideas for Presenting Entertainment, on the trade show floor at the BizBash New York Expo this Fall. Here are these ideas:
(1) DO YOU NEED HELP OR CAN YOU DO IT BY YOURSELF?
(2) EARLY BIRD CATCHES THE BEST ELVES.
(3) THINK FIRST, ASK QUESTIONS LATER.
(4) COMMUNICATE. COMMUNICATE. COMMUNICATE. (Did I mention you should communicate?)
(5) LESS IS MORE.
(6) CREATE A REALISTIC WORKING BUDGET (and let all your peeps know what it is)
(7) HOW MANY PSYCHICS DO I NEED? (8) WHO THE HECK NEEDS INSURANCE? (You do! And we have it!)
(9) SURPRISE ‘EM.
(10) HAVE FUN. (We don’t charge extra for that either).